Secura Key Limited Warranty (United States & Canada)
Secura Key products are warranted against defects in materials and assembly for three (3) years. In the event that any Secura Key manufactured product fails to perform as intended during the warranty period, Secura Key will replace the defective product with a new or refurbished product. This is subject to the equipment being installed in accordance with the instructions and used appropriately in suitable conditions. The warranty period begins on the date of shipment from our factory, or if sold through a Distributor, on the date of sale (original receipt or documentation is required). This warranty does not include your cost for taxes, duties, or installation expenses.
Warranty claims require a Return Material Authorization (RMA). Simply call our Technical Support Department at 877-850-3452 for help in evaluating your problem. If no resolution is achieved over the phone, request an RMA Request Form, and then complete and submit the form to Secura Key to initiate the Warranty process. Refer to Secura Key’s website for a downloadable RMA form.
Return of E*TAG® AND RADIO KEY® READER AND CARD defective products shall be at the discretion of Secura Key. Customers must retain the defective product for a thirty (30) day period following the issuance of the RMA, during which time Secura Key reserves the right to request the return of the defective product. Products must be returned if requested, freight prepaid. If requested defective products are not returned within 30 days, the customer account is subject to the full cost of the replacement unit. Return of Touchcard™ and Control Panel defective product is always required, and must be done within 30 days or customer account is subject to the full cost of the replacement unit.
- Products which have failed due to vandalism, willful damage, installation errors, inappropriate electrical loading, misuse and "Acts of God" such as lightning, fire, flood, hurricane, etc.
- Cards that have been modified by third parties after-sale in a manner that affects the performance of the card.
- Reader Modules, Code Strips, Tags or Inserts that are embedded into other products - these are covered by a separate warranty – check with factory.
- Products where the serial number has been defaced or removed.
- Products not manufactured by Secura Key are covered by their own original manufacturers’ warranty. These include but are not limited to SK-KPM/S (Barantec), NETCONV (B&B Electronics), SK-LAN (Lantronix), SK-MDM (U.S. Robotics), SK-IDPTR-1-7 (Ultra Magicard), SK-BAT (Union Battery), SK-USB (Belkin), DTK-XR/CR (Ditek). Please contact SECURA KEY Customer Service for warranty, repair or replacement instructions.
- Software – all software is provided on an as-is basis without warranty, and it is non-returnable once the packaging is opened. Software media (memory stick or CD-ROM) is warranted against defects for 90 days. Telephone Technical Support will be provided at no charge during normal business hours, and software updates will be available at no charge at Secura Key’s sole discretion. Secura Key does not grant any warranty with respect to any Software Program, and no warranties of any kind, whether written or oral, implied or statutory, including warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall apply.
THE WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE IS EXCLUSIVE AND NO OTHER WARRANTY, WHETHER WRITTEN OR ORAL, IS EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. SECURA KEY SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. The remedies provided herein are the buyers’ sole and exclusive remedies. In no event shall Secura Key be liable for damages in excess of the purchase price of the product, for direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential damages (including loss of profits) arising out of the installation, use, or inability to use such product, or loss resulting from the operation or performance of any third party product or any systems in which a Secura Key product is incorporated, whether based on contract, tort or any other legal theory.